Classroom Support Assistant/Travel Trainer (CALS) - Hednesford Valley High School
Classroom Support Assistant (Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor) - To start 4th January 2022.
Permanent Position 37 hours per week. Term Time Only. Actual starting salary £17,029 per annum
Hours of work: 37 hours – Mon, Tues & Thurs: 8.30-4.30 pm, Wed: 8.30-5.00 pm, Fri: 8.30-3.30pm
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Classroom Support Assistant/Travel Trainer (Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor) to join the team at Hednesford Valley High, due to the promotion of the current post holder.
To organise and deliver travel training across the school. To work with students in small groups or individually to train them to travel independently. To accompany groups/individuals going out of school to local amenities, forest school, reward trips and community events. Teaching students social skills needed to be out in the community. To be involved in covering lessons in school when required.
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Experience of working in a school.
- Has NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or recognised equivalent qualification.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professionals.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Can act as Cover Supervisor during the absence of teaching staff.
- This person will occasionally be involved in supporting students with their personal care if required.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others.
- This role can change to work across the school/sites with other student groups if required.
We offer you: -
* A strong motivated team
* Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
If you think you could make a difference at Hednesford Valley High School and work with staff, students and Governing Body to excel, then this is the position for you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download and complete the application form below and email back to email@example.com. Please read the application which is available to download on school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk/vacancies If you have any queries regarding the vacancy, please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Deadline for applications: 10:00 am on 26/11/2021
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email if possible.