Housing Triage Assistant
1 day left
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Wychavon district is also ranked as second best rural place to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive/Managing Director and a joint management team with Malvern Hills District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Housing Triage Assistant
Fixed Term Contract for three years
£20,493 - £24,491 per annum
The post holder will act as the first point of contact for customers who contact our housing service at risk of homelessness and will be responsible for processing approaches as part of our triage service, providing initial advice on housing options and determining eligibility and homelessness. Signposting customers to other organisations, making referrals to officers in the team and proactively working to reduce the risk of homelessness are also key elements of the role.
In addition to the triage role, the post holder will be expected to undertake additional Housing Assistant duties and work flexibly alongside other team members to ensure that a professional and timely service is delivered to our customers.
The post will cover both our Malvern and Wychavon districts.
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent and timely service
- Ability to advise and assist customers on all aspects of housing
- Planning and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines
- Work closely with other members of the team and offer support in fulfilling tasks which ensure optimum service delivery
- A tactful and diplomatic approach in all situations
- Ability to communicate relevant information in writing, face to face and by telephone to customers and to maintain accurate, up to date records
- Computer literate with the ability to utilise a range of software packages
Skills and Experience:
- Good educational background with numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience in a Housing or similar related field
- Housing qualification or a similar related field
- Computer skills: Microsoft Window Packages and Housing related computer systems
- To have a sound working knowledge of housing legislation and guidance
For current employees of Malvern Hills or Wychavon District Councils secondments will be considered for this role upon agreement from your current line manager.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Elaine Salter, Housing Services Manager. Tel:01386 565241
Peter Stock, Principal Housing Officer – Housing Options Tel: 01386 565255
Closing date: 28 November 2021
Interview Date: 9 December 2021