Exam Secretary - Hednesford Valley High School
Part-Time Exam Secretary - To start 4th January 2022. - Actual Starting Salary: £11,654
Hours of work: 25 hours – Mon-Fri 09:00 am to 2.30 pm.
This post is term time plus 3 days during the summer at examination results time. (Wed, Thurs & Fri before the August Bank holiday).
This is an exciting opportunity for an Exam Secretary to join the team at Hednesford Valley High.
We are seeking to appoint an Exam Secretary who will be responsible for the administrative duties relating to all aspects of processing examination entries and results.
You will need to set up all internal and external school examinations as required You will also be required to take minutes at Data meetings and provide other administrative support to the school.
We require a flexible and organized individual who:-
- Has experience of working in an office environment, preferably a school office.
- Has experience of examinations support and knowledge of SIMS is desirable, however training will be provided.
- Has excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Has excellent ICT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Has excellent communication skills to liaise with staff, students, parents/carers and external examination boards.
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others.
We offer you: -
* A strong motivated team
* Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
If you think you could make a difference at Hednesford Valley High School and work with staff, students and Governing Body to excel, then this is the position for you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download and complete the application form below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the application which is available to download on school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk/vacancies If you have any queries regarding the vacancy, please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Deadline for applications: 10:00 am on 26/11/2021
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email if possible.