Functional Skills Tutor
Black Country Wheels School are looking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated Functional Skills Tutor to prepare and deliver English and Maths functional skills teaching to students, in preparation for examinations.
We require someone who:
- Has excellent classroom management and communication skills
- Has proven ability of excellent teaching skills with an effective classroom teaching style, which engages and motivates young people
- Is committed to inclusion
- Has an outstanding understanding and experience of the impact of learning difficulties on children’s progress and development
- Has experience of working with children with EHCPs and learning difficulties
- Has experience of working with children with complex needs including areas such as Autism, ADHD and Speech & Language difficulties
- Has the ability to inspire and motivate disengaged children
- Has high aspirations for their pupils and themselves
- Enjoys making a learning a positive experience for all children
- Is creative and inspiring
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to use relevant technology and equipment
- Can work well independently and as part of a team
Pro rata: Term time only, plus Inset Days (39 Weeks Per year - consideration given to both full-time and part-time candidates)
We are committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role, we would be very pleased to hear from you. If you would like further information or would like to visit the school prior to application please contact the school office 0121 5223717.
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com