Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant
Salary: £19,312.00 - £19,698.00 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
We currently have the following roles available
- 1 x Permanent post
We are a people business – excellent customer insight and experience needs to be at the heart of everything we do. Customers today have high expectations; their experience of using council services should not be second rate. We aim to meet customer needs by giving consistent information, advice and support at their convenience. Our customer model is built on the following principles
• A service that offers ease of access and intuitive navigation
• Consistent and high quality contact management
• A service driven by customer insight and demand analysis
• A service that is delivered through appropriate delivery channels
• A service which has resilience and scale
• A service that is efficiently delivered
This role is based in Contact Centre within Customer Services, you will be responsible or answering incoming telephone contacts from the public in a range of services. These include calls relating to Registration Services, Blue Badges, School Admissions, General Enquiries and other services.
You will be required to work using your own initiative, judgement and to be a role model to lower graded staff. You will also be required to work efficiently and as part of a team.
The hours of work are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application, you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd December 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 9th December 2021
Please ensure you are available for interview on this date as alternative dates may not be offered.
For more information about the role please contact: Caroline Fullwood, Contact Centre Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts