Meeting & Events Coordinator
TAMWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ARTS & EVENTS
Meeting & Events Coordinator
£24,491 - £27,041 per annum
(plus 10% shift allowance)
37 hours per week
based on a 5-day rota including weekends and evenings subject to theatre programming & events
An opportunity has arisen to join Tamworth Arts & Events team at an exciting time for the department with the reopening of Tamworth Assembly Rooms and an ever-evolving event programme that now includes Tamworth Castle. Day to day the role will support the Arts & Events Officer with the commercial hires and weddings at both venues.
The Assembly Rooms in Tamworth have undergone a multi-million-pound project to totally transform the 130-year-old building. The refurbishment has given Tamworth a new modern theatre as well as a new kitchen with state-of-the-art equipment, café and event space for community/corporate hire. We are looking for an experienced Meeting & Events Coordinator, with a proven track record in a similar position, to oversee the commercial hires, weddings and events for the whole venue.
The successful candidate will have a background within hotels with meetings, conference or reservations experience. You will have first class communication skills and present yourself in a smart courteous manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage the Assembly Rooms events diary, ensuring venue space is optimised and room hire revenue is maximised
- To manage Tamworth Castles wedding bookings from enquiry through to delivery.
- Ensure that our conference and events enquiries and bookings by phone, email or walk in are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently
- Prepare and send written quotations as required
- Produce accurate function sheets for all our conference and events in a timely manner and distribute to the team
- Ensure all orders, invoices and billing processes relating to the conference & events team are processed as per our processes and in a timely manner
- Proactively sell The Assembly Rooms and other Council venues such as Tamworth Castle to potential new clients, this will include conducting venue show rounds, following up leads and converting sales
- To liaise with the marketing department to ensure venue hire social media and website content is updated and relevant
- Act as conference & events host as and when required
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Meetings & Events Sales Coordinator
- Commercial social media competency, demonstrated through LinkedIn & Instagram
- The ability to cope under pressure, in a calm and efficient manner, to set deadlines
- Experience of hotel or venue meetings & events space
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff and management
- A positive approach to planning and development of the venue hire service
- Word, Excel and Outlook IT skills to high level
- The ability to spot commercial opportunities and show how they can be achieved
- The confidence to develop and manage relationships with internal and external customers
The authority offers an excellent employment package with flexible working, a non-contributory health scheme, Local Government pension scheme and generous holiday entitlement.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, right to work in the UK check, and medical clearance.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sadie Carrasco (Arts & Events Officer) via Sadiefirstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and to apply please visit https://recruitment.tamworth.gov.uk/.
If you have any queries about the recruitment process please email email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 28th November 2021
Late applications and/or CVs will not be accepted. Agencies need not apply. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.