At Thorns Primary School, safe, happy, learning are the three words that describe our aim for every child. We offer a safe, secure and welcoming environment in which all can thrive.
Our children are a delight: happy, well-behaved and hard-working. They are well supported by a team of dedicated staff, who work extremely hard to do their best for every child and make their time at Thorns happy and successful.
We are a diverse school community and we embrace this; it makes life here more exciting!
Reception Class Teacher part-time maternity cover (fixed term) (0.5)
The Head Teacher and Governors are looking to recruit an excellent class teacher who is enthusiastic, well-motivated and committed to teaching and learning. The fixed-term post will commence January 2021 and be based in Reception, as a job share.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- wonderful children who are a pleasure to be around;
- a school committed to safeguarding, with robust policies and procedures (and CPOMS for easy record keeping);
- a happy school, where everyone is valued;
- an agreed Workload Charter and commitment to protecting staff wellbeing;
- an inclusive school, with a focus on pastoral support and a dedicated Safeguarding and Pastoral Lead, who supports children and their families;
- a tidy and attractive school, with good sized classrooms and lots of outdoor space;
- a CPD-led approach to school development, with a dedication to ensuring all staff are supported in improving their practice, including membership for all teachers in The Chartered College of Teaching (online materials and regular journals delivered to your home).
We are looking for an applicant who will:
- be an effective classroom teacher, supporting progress in learning through high quality teaching and assessment;
- have experience of working in Reception, evidencing successful practice;
- have experience of working in key stage one and/or two;
- have a proven track record of effective practice in phonics and early reading;
- have a good understanding of effective practice in EYFS and national curriculum, and be able to provide an appropriate learning environment and learning opportunities;
- work effectively alongside a job-share colleague, sharing responsibility for all aspects of the role;
- be willing to lead a subject in school if required to do so;
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to aspire, challenge and support;
- love working with children and have a commitment to making a difference to our school – working to deliver the school’s vision and aims, and sharing our values;
- be pro-active and reflective, with a genuine desire to be a great teacher and willingness to work hard to achieve that goal;
- have energy, enthusiasm and passion;
- have a good knowledge of how young children learn and develop;
- strive to help the school progress on its journey from requires improvement to good;
- enjoy working in a positive environment with supportive colleagues and SLT;
- have excellent spoken and written English skills;
- be flexible and adapt to the needs of the school and its pupils.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our school before submitting their application detailing:-
- the personal qualities you have that would make you an effective class teacher at Thorns Primary School;
- previous experience, skills and expertise which you feel have prepared you for this role and would enable you to make a positive difference to our pupils;
any other information you feel is relevant to the job description and person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 30th November 2021
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/