Community Development Officer (Health and Wellbeing)
1 day left
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive and a joint management team with Malvern Hills District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Community Development Officer (Health & Wellbeing)
£24,982 to £28,672 per annum
Wychavon is committed to working with its residents and partner organisations to enable communities to become healthier, stronger, sustainable and more resilient.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with communities and has experience of developing and delivering health and wellbeing projects
Working as part of the Community Development team you will lead on exciting council promises and initiatives including tackling loneliness and isolation, supporting local wellbeing hubs and improving health outcomes across the district.
You will also work with communities across the district to support them to deliver their own local projects and priorities. You will need to enjoy working with people to develop a network of contacts and community assets.
As the council’s health and wellbeing lead you will be involved in working with others to deliver on health and wellbeing priorities, including COVID-related initiatives, as well as occasionally representing Wychavon on relevant partnership groups.
You will also work alongside other colleagues to support our staff wellbeing programmes.
The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to delivering our values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
GCSE Grade C / 4 or above in both Maths and English Language or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working with communities and supporting community projects
- Experience of developing and delivering health and wellbeing projects
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds or knowledge of equality and inclusion.
- To understand the importance of discretion and sensitivity when working with communities
- Flexibility to work within different environments and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize, evaluate and self-reflect
- Facilitation skills and working with volunteers
- Knowledge of public health issues, particularly for rural communities
- An understanding of budgeting, fundraising and project delivery
- Good written skills
- Ability to work as a team player and the ability to work independently
- Excellent motivator who understands how to motivate people to act on their own terms
- Ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the district and work outside office hours
We are a social mobility employer and we welcome a range of applications including full-time, part-time and short-term opportunities.
To discuss the post or for further information, please call David Manning 01386 565478 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 28 November 2021
Interview date: 7 December 2021