Project Support Officer
1 day left
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive and a joint management team with Malvern Hills District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced individual to join the dedicated Parks and Green Space team within Client Services based in Pershore. You will provide project and administrative support to the Senior Parks and Greenspace Officer, and the Parks and Greenspace team, who manage the parks and public open spaces including 6 which hold Green Flag Awards as well as managing verges.
Project Support Officer
Part time – 30 hours per week, 3 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary up to £22,183 per annum pro rata
Working with the Client Services team, you will work with the Senior Parks and Greenspace Officer to provide project and administrative support to the parks and greenspace team. This will involve providing an efficient and customer focused delivery of a wide range of improvement projects within the parks and open spaces. Communication with contractors and other council employees will be key to deliver the projects on time and in budget. You will also be responsible for telephone and e mail communication with residents.
The role will involve demonstrating a commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect, and the successful candidate will have a responsibility for championing and demonstrating the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating and empowering self and others and leading by example.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good educational background including a good level of numeracy and literacy
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- ECDL or any formal IT qualifications relating to Microsoft applications (desirable).
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of providing administrative support to multi-disciplinary organisation
- Experience of liaising with members of the public and contractors in a professional capacity
- Telephone and e mail customer service experience
- Experience of raising purchase orders and monitoring projects to budget
- Experience of supporting and /or using financial applications – e. g CIVICA Financials and extracting data for management reports
- Experience of working in the public sector
- IT Systems management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to manage potentially volatile phone calls
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications and in particular Microsoft Excel
- Effective and confident written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good time management skills
The successful candidate will need to be car driver, with access to their own vehicle. Please confirm that you are a car driver and can carry out occasional on-site visits working outdoors and working outside of normal office hours in emergencies.
For further information about the role please contact Jonathan Hulbert (Senior Parks & Greenspace Officer) on 01386 565196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Interview date: Monday 6 December 2021