SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
£20,903 to £27,041
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Fixed term with immediate start till 31 August 2022
St John's & St Peter's CE Academy
St Vincent Street West
Telephone Number: 0121 675 1398
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: Immediate
We are looking to appoint a SEND teaching assistant to assist and support pupil(s) who have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP). As part of the role you will work with pupils on their specific educational needs, Support their social and emotional development and general learning needs.
The role will also be integral to supporting the pupil(s) to integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of an enthusiastic team. Christian values and relationships form the heart of our family ethos and through an inspirational and creative curriculum we are building foundations for happy and successful life-long learners.
The role will be based at St John’s & St Peter’s CE Academy.
St Thomas CE Academy and St John's & St Peter's CE Academy form All Saints Multi Academy Trust Birmingham.
Both schools have good bus and rail connections and are located within a 10-minute walk of Birmingham City Centre.
Christian values and relationships form the heart of our family ethos and our motto is ‘God’s Love in Action’.
To apply for this role, you must have:
• NVQ lelver 3 or equivalent
• appropriate SEN experience is desirable
• be committed to the strong Christian ethos of our schools
• have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child
• work in a creative and inspirational way with high expectations for all
• be committed to raising standards for all our children
• excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• be a team player who will work with colleagues across the multi academy trust
• speak fluent English as in accordance with part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016)
What we will offer the right person:
• energetic, enthusiastic, and confident children
• a supportive ethos of aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
• a dynamic, creative environment, encouraging collaboration and open to innovation
• A strong, dedicated team who work hard for our school community
• an enthusiastic leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues
• a warm, family atmosphere
• ambition and vision for all within the All Saints Multi Academy Trust family
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 29 November 2021, 12 midday
For an application pack or more details please contact the school office on 0121 675 1398 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.