Clerical Assistant (Gladstone Primary Academy)
Salary pro rata to 37 hours term time plus two weeks
The Governors of Gladstone Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Administration Assistant to give support to an extremely busy and challenging Academy Office. The successful applicant will need to have a calm and flexible attitude to work as well as being highly organised and able to effectively prioritise workloads. Experience of working with Microsoft Office and good skills in excel and word are desirable. A knowledge of SIMS including Attendance and customer service skills would be highly beneficial. The successful applicant will also be required to administer First Aid and medication if needed. Training will be given.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and committed to work in our busy school office who can provide the following:
* Working in a sometimes challenging and busy environment
* Effective and efficient office practise
* Offering a friendly and supportive approach to all stakeholders
* The post holder would ideally have prior experience of working in a school office with experience and understanding of SIMS.net this would include knowledge of attendance within SIMS
* Provide routine clerical/administrative support e.g. filing, printing, emailing, completing routine forms, responding to routine correspondence.
* Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
* Produce lists/information/data as required, e.g. pupil data.
* Undertake more complex typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks e.g. assisting in the preparation of minutes.
* Take notes at meetings
* Operate relevant equipment/computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Internet).
* Maintain stock and supplies
* Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others.
* Undertake routine financial administration e.g. processing orders, recording and banking of monies due to the school or received through the online payment system.
*Hold a First Aid at work qualification or be willing to complete training to become a designated First Aider
We can offer you a school which:
* Has friendly, dedicated staff with high expectations
* Provides excellent professional development opportunities
* Applications from persons with previous school office experience would be preferable.
* Previous candidates need not apply
This position will begin in January 2022 or sooner
The closing date for applications will be noon on Monday, 6th December 2021
Application packs are available by contacting Mrs Linda O’Donnell at the school on 01782 957267 or by email to email@example.com
This position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check under the rehabilitation of offender’s act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available by visiting: https://disclosure.capitarvs.co.uk/stoke/applicantLogin.do?applicationType=dbs