Birmingham City Council

LIAISE Officer

From home in the East Midlands
£35,745 - £43,857
16 Nov 2021
03 Dec 2021
Job Ref
Job Type
Community safety
Contract Type
Working Pattern


The England Illegal Money Lending Team is hosted by Birmingham City Council. The team is an enforcement team who work to identify, investigate and prosecute loan sharks across England.

The LIAISE role within the Illegal Money Lending Team works with victims, communities and witnesses affected by loan sharks. It also works to stop people using loan sharks in the first place, and generate intelligence for the Investigators to action.

The role involves intensive victim support, delivering training to partner agencies, stakeholder engagement and retention and project management.

This vacancy covers the East Midlands region of England and is based from home. It may require occasional travel to other regions within England.

Key experience required is:

  • Experience of effective partnership working.
  • Experience of client support work.
  • Experience of producing reports to a high standard.
  • Good presentation skills.
  • Ability to work under pressure, to meet targets and deadlines, on own initiative and organise and prioritise own workload.

Ref: BCC

Informal enquiries to Cath Wohlers, Liaise Manager on 07500809339 or you can alternatively email

We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.

We encourage applications from Birmingham residents and care leavers

A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken

“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants.  All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”



Supporting documents

More searches like this