Human Resources Manager
Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy is a thriving group of seven Catholic schools (six primaries and one secondary), with 400 employees based in South Birmingham. We are focused on establishing a culture of vibrant and explicit Catholic life in the communities we serve and are led by the Gospel values of integrity, compassion, and service to others.
This is a new HR Manager role and an exciting time to join and establish a growing HR central professional team. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and able to positively influence the development of the HR support service.
The successful candidate will bring HR management and employee relations experience and knowledge, by building capacity in the effective management of disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence casework, updating policies and ensuring compliance. Your advice and guidance will be supported by Headteachers, dedicated school-based and other dedicated teams.
Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy aims to be an employer of choice by creating an inspirational and inclusive organisation. The role of HR Manager will have real impact in achieving this aspiration.
This role requires:
- Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD), Level 5 or equivalent qualification.
- Employee relations experience, with a successful track record of case management resolution, such as disciplinary, capability, grievance, sickness absence, redundancy, and consulting with trade unions.
- Experience of updating HR policies, procedures and interpreting terms and conditions.
- Experience of working in an education and multi-site environment is desirable.
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development of self and others.
- A willingness to be fully involved in the wider life of the multi-academy and to attend on site school meetings.
We can offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days plus bank and statutory holidays per annum
- Access to a final salary Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Mentor and other professional development
- Opportunity for new professional challenges and a rewarding HR career
- Flexible working
- Free onsite parking
- Mileage expenses
How to apply:
Please visit the school website https://www.lumenchristi.org.uk/School-Support-Staff-Shared-Services-Vacancies/ and download the CES application form, job description and associated documentation.
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to Sheryl Arnold (Principal Business Manager), email: email@example.com
For further information regarding the role, please contact Sheryl Arnold (Principal Business Manager) direct line : 0121 675 5344, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd December 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 13th December 2021
Lumen Christi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested prior to interview, an enhanced DBS check, medical, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the Right to Work (RTW) in the UK.