Support Workers (Exmoor Drive)
1 day left
Support Worker – Exmoor Drive residential Care Home
Location; Bromsgrove Worcestershire
Salary; £18,562 to £18,933 (Pro Rata).
£9.62 – £9.81 per hours
Additional Pay Enhancements for working 22:00 to 06:00, Sundays and bank holidays.
Hours; 14, 21 or 28 hour contract available. There is some negation on which weekday shifts you work. It is subject to change however we presently run 7 hour shifts of 07:30-14:30, 08:00-15:00 and 15:00-22:00.
We’re looking for caring people to join the team at Exmoor Drive, a residential care service. We provide support for up to 12 individual residents with a range of conditions including learning disability, dementia, mental health, and physical disability.
Who are we looking for?
You may or may not have experience in working in a residential setting. We are looking for applicants who can already demonstrate the right values to continue with our drive to achieve positive outcomes for individuals using the service. To ensure this we will give you all the training you need.
You will be natural communicator, and a caring person by nature. You’ll enjoy building strong, positive relationships with people you support and work with.
To be successful, you will:
- Be naturally person centred
- Understand the need to promote dignity, respect, independence, liberty and privacy
- Be able to meet peoples physical AND social support needs
- Have motivation to support vulnerable people to overcome barriers achieve their goals and aspirations
- It is not essential to drive a vehicle, but If you do drive you will be expected to offer support to individuals in their own or service vehicles – we will provide training for this.
You’ll focus on providing health and social support to individuals using the service:
- Support individuals with their physical and social care needs. This will include supporting individuals to wash, use the toilet, have meaningful contact with friends and relatives, attend appointments, be as independent as possible in daily aspects of living, maintain hobbies interests and access the community.
- Following care plans and other guidance
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of the care you provide
- Making and responding to observations in people changing care needs – sometimes in emergency situations
- Attend handover, meetings and training and follow instructions
As you’ll be supporting people with personal care activities, we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and weekly Covid-19 testing.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Career, development and qualification opportunities
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership
And much more!
How do I apply?
If you would like to have a chat about the posts please contact Richard Lowther on 07763577722 or Sarah Pratt at Exmoor Drive on 01527 576591, who can arrange for a virtual tour of the service.
Applications can be submitted online or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the post (2 sides A4 max) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is in a CQC registered care home. Anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption. Those shortlisted for interview will be required to show confirmation they have received 2 doses of the vaccine or are medically exempt.
Interview date: The manager will review applications weekly, and invite after this.