Executive Support Officer
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
In this role you will work with colleagues within Strategic Growth as part of the ‘one team’ approach to meet corporate priorities.
This will include:
- Providing high quality and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within and across teams to support and/or lead new initiatives to transform the delivery of the Council’s services and ensures the long term financial stability of the Council.
- Ensure a positive and flexible approach to the variety of tasks within the role in order to meet customer and work demands.
- Operate as an effective and reliable team member to achieve own accountabilities and team objectives.
- Recognise opportunities for doing things more efficiently and then assist with the embedding of process and performance improvement
Do you have excellent organisational and forward planning skills, able to complete work to a high standard of accuracy and presentation?
Do you have experience of planning and preparing meetings, experience in taking notes / minutes of meetings?
Can you communicate effectively at all levels?
If you have answered ‘yes’, then you may well be just what we are looking for.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract for 18.5 hours per week. The pro-rata salary equates to £10,672 to £11,342 per annum.
You may be required to provide a suitable vehicle in connection with the duties of this post.
Flexible approach to working hours, able to work outside normal office hours if necessary, including a requirement to be available for some evening and weekend meetings.
Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of a basic disclosure check (Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS)) under the Police Act 1997.
Wyre Forest District Council is an equal opportunities employer
20211111 Executive Support Officer.pdf