Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
We require an enthusiastic, effective and innovative English Teacher to work in our successful and cohesive English faculty, where the staff are particularly well supported. The team is well-led and has a successful, proven track record of high achievement. There is some flexibility in the working hours for this post, which will be discussed with a suitable candidate.
You will be required to teach English to students in KS3 and KS4 where there is a real and genuine enthusiasm for English amongst the pupils and staff and aspiration is high.
- A good first degree in English, or a post-graduate teacher training qualification majoring in English
- Qualified Teacher Status (or achievement of this by 1 January 2022
- A commitment to the mission and ethos of Campion School
- Ability to prepare students with great effectiveness for examinations in English at GCSE and A Level
- Evidence of a commitment to raise the achievement of pupils from all levels of prior attainment
- An enthusiastic teacher who will be able to deliver high quality English lessons to pupils of all levels of attainment with great consistency
- An innovative teacher with commitment to developing their own practice in order to challenge, motivate and engage learners
- Evidence of an ability to assess students’ work carefully and accurately and to provide learners with constructive and pertinent feedback
- Ability to make a good contribution both to our English and whole-staff teams
- Ability to be an effective form tutor of a vertical (mixed age) form
- A good understanding of basic safeguarding and child protection practice.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please see the attached Application Form for full guidance of how to submit your application.
Tysoe C.E.Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.