Children with a Social Worker Tracking Officer
1 x Children with a Social Worker Tracking Officer - Virtual School Team
15 hours per week
NJC Scale 5 - £22627 - £24491 per annum pro rata
Fixed term contract
It is an exciting time to join Telford & Wrekin Council. Childrens Services were graded Outstanding in its most recent Ofsted ILACS Inspection. The Government has recently announced funding to strengthen support for children with a social worker by extending the role of Virtual School Head. Extending the role of Virtual School Head delivers on a key recommendation of the Government’s Children in Need review. These posts will be funded by the grant determination letter, issued to all Local Authorities, to facilitate this extended role.
As such Telford & Wrekin Virtual School are looking to appoint a specific post Children with a Social Worker Tracking Officer to support the Virtual Head Teacher, the newly appointed Education Advisers (CWSW) and support on the DFE research project. This post will be fixed initially for one year and will then be reviewed.
Can you demonstrate the ability to…
• Accurately collect and process data
• Maintaining databases and produce complex reports for a variety of audiences
• Manage student data information management systems to ensure that they are accurate and fit for purpose
• Plan and deliver regular training to a variety of stakeholders
• Championing children with social workers • Enhance partnerships with education settings
• Enhance and develop partnerships with key stakeholders
• Be research driven
• Devise effective systems and processes, and evidence impact through data
• Be an effective team player with excellent communication /interpersonal skills
Please see Job Description and Person Specification
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further information. Application to be completed via West Midlands Jobs.
Virtual School website:
If you thrive on challenge in a fast paced environment and are passionate about raising outcomes for all, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat and to discuss the roles, please contact in the first instance the Virtual School Headteacher email@example.com
Closing Date 5th December
Proposed Interview Date 9th December