These roles are Fixed Term Contracts
We are looking for Neighbourhood Assistants, to assist the Neighbourhood Officer within specific wards in the delivery of quality services. You will be required to provide a proactive neighbourhoods service and to ensure an excellent service across your
Ward and Town.
It would be of benefit if the post holder displayed the following characteristics:
- A good understanding of the Housing and Neighbourhoods' Management functions
- An understanding of quality assurance and Customer Service Excellence
- Manage customer/s expectations by explaining what is and what is not possible
- Understand shared team goals and cooperate with others to achieve them
- Use and apply New Technology approaches to the working environment – promoting the benefits of such within the work area
- Work with changing priorities and uncertainty
- Take decisions at the right time within limits of own authority and can identify main parts of and solutions to a problem
- Deal confidently with others, and if necessary stands own ground without causing offence
You must have Numeracy and Literacy Level 2 qualification or equivalent as a minimum.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
1x 37 hours per week based at Rowley Regis Local (Fixed Term Contract until September 2022)
1x 18.5 hours per week based at West Bromwich Local (Fixed Term Contract until August 2022)
1 x 37 hours per week based at Wednesbury Local Office (Fixed Term Contract until May 2022)
1 x 37 hours per week based at Oldbury Local Office (Fixed Term Contract until April 2022)
1 x 18.5 hours per week based at Oldbury Local Office (Fixed Term Contract until November 2022)
Some work may be based at home or various locations across the borough.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org