£52,723 - £58,135
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Topcliffe Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2917
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: Easter 2022
Are you passionate about curriculum development and developing teaching and learning practice? Committed to inclusive practice and achievement for all? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to join our fantastic team and build on the many strengths of our school, maintaining and extending our ‘good rating’ (Ofsted, October 2019). Topcliffe is an inclusive, committed and caring school where the children are placed at the very heart of everything we do. For us, education is about meeting the needs of the whole child by focusing on the development of their well-being and character as well as their academic attainment and progress. In order to achieve this, our staff work hard to deliver a values based curriculum that inspires and challenges all children academically, whilst also encouraging them to be curious, independent and develop a love of learning. Our 2 large resource bases are a major feature of our school. Therefore, experience of, and a commitment to, inclusive practice is essential.
The successful candidate will:
• have a desire to provide our children with memorable learning experiences and promote a love of lifelong learning
• effectively contribute to the well-established safeguarding culture of the school
• demonstrate a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners
• have excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
• have a track record of successfully leading on curriculum development and review
• demonstrate knowledge of effective evidence-based practices to enhance teaching and learning policy and pedagogy across all Key Stages
• make a significant contribution to the school’s professional development programme
• demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• contribute significantly to the wider development of all schools within the Trust
• have the ability to see the fantastic opportunities our school has to offer and the skills and enthusiasm to make it happen
We can offer you:
• enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
• a hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
• a welcoming, happy and friendly environment where children and staff feel valued
• MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research-based school improvement initiatives
• high levels of support from the Board of Trustees, the Core Team and the MAT leadership group
• access to generous benefits, such as pension scheme and sickness allowance
• free on-site parking
• full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, flexible working culture, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users
• access to suite of supportive policies, such as Life Leave, Flexible Working and Family Friendly policies (see further at www.whmat.academy policies tab)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced senior leader aspiring to Deputy Headship, or an existing Deputy Headteacher ready for a new challenge. A visit to our website will provide you with lots of additional information about our school and will, we hope, inspire you to apply for the role. Visits are highly recommended, and we would be delighted to show you around. For an informal discussion, please contact Vickie Crombie (email@example.com)
Closing Date: Monday 29 November 2021, 12 midday
Please visit our website to apply.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.