Due to the increasing demand for our services, our Creative Therapeutic Service are recruiting for a variety of self-employed opportunities, working in the roles of therapeutic intervention. –
SELF EMPLOYED Mental Health Therapist and Counsellor opportunities.
LOCATION Work available predominantly across Sandwell and neighboring boroughs.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work across multi support projects, working with an organisation who can offer work patterns and case load to suit your availability?
What we can offer:
- Flexible working patterns between 9am –7pm, 5 days a week
- Ability to work from home/ local therapy centre/ Sandwell schools dependent upon service needs.
- Immediate start (subject to checks)
- Control over your own diary
- Competitive rates of pay
- Case management / review meetings
- Highly supportive clinical and administration team
- Free, ongoing continual professional development (CPD) on targeted client support themes, for example being trauma responsive/ supporting those with DHS deliberate self-harming behaviors
- Opportunity to work across multiple services to gain extra skills
£25-£45 per hour depending upon type of intervention
Skills and Experience
In summary applicants should have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working with children/ young people and adults
- Have a minimum of level 4 qualification in counselling, therapy or an equivalent, with clinical experience
- Be able to travel as required for the role
- Have experience of remote access support
- Be able to work on a self-employed basis
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD
- Registered with BACP or equivalent body
Please note: You are required to have a current Enhanced DBS which covers both Child & Adult Workforce, covered by the DBS Update Service. MHCT will support you to access the DBS requirement if required.
You will need to evidence that regular clinical supervision is in place.
Attached is the Job Description and Person Specification along with an application form which needs to be completed and emailed to HR@murrayhall.co.uk or posted to: HR Recruitment, Murray Hall Community Trust, The Bridge, St Marks Road, Tipton, West Midlands DY4 0SL. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stated below.
For an informal discussion please contact Beccy Newell on 01902 826 306.
Closing date: 2nd December 2021 at 23:59 hours
Interviews expected to commence w/c: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Please note that we reserve the right to withdraw our job advertisements earlier than the published expiry date. Therefore, if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible.
Note: Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered the ability to join our sessional pool of therapists. MHCT is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users which we work with. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Being self-employed you are required to hold a minimum of 10 million in Professional Indemnity and malpractice insurance and adherence to GDPR regulations.