Clerk of the Works - Construction
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Clerk of the Works to ensure our new
homes are built to the highest standards. This is an exciting new post
where you will be part of a growing Development Team that is driving an
ambitious new Build Programme involving modern methods of construction as well as more traditional methods. If you have the right experience and are a self-starter with a positive attitude who likes a challenge we would like to hear from you.
The role centres on being able to identify and manage potential issues arising on site or in the factory and recommending corrective action to ensure they are rectified quickly. It would also be necessary for you to be able to do the following:
• Ensure the Contractor fully understands site directions and verbal instructions removing any ambiguity.
• Regularly inspect the work to ensure workmanship is carried out to the required standard; materials are as per the specification and compliance adheres to statutory legislation.
• Ensure all properties meet the excellent standards expected by carrying out detailed and thorough pre handover and end of defects inspections ensuring all defective work is closed off before retentions are released.
• Carry out appropriate liaison with tenants, residents, stakeholders and members of the public dealing with any potential difficulties that may arise in conjunction with the Contractor undertaking the works.
• At all times, exercise a duty of care in relation to health and safety matters, reporting issues of non-conformity.
In addition you must have a vehicle available and have valid driving licence, able to make daily site visits, be prepared and capable of climbing ladders/scaffolding to access higher levels, and to enter restricted spaces.
You must have the following experience:
• Relevant and recent experience in the building industry in a relevant role.
• Proven experience in a site inspection.
• Relevant and extensive experience of dealing with contractors, other building professionals, members of the public and residents.
You must have the following qualification:
• Holds a qualification at NVQ Level 4 on the national qualifications framework in Site Inspection or similar and relevant discipline or willing to work towards it.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday allowance and childcare vouchers.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For more information regarding the role, Please contact Lynn Joy - Senior Development Project Officer by email at email@example.com
Interviews to take place Wednesday 8th December 2021