Commonwealth Games Transport C3, Readiness & Contingency Manager (Internal Only)
Please note: we are working hard to create a space for our employees to search and apply for jobs within the Combined Authority. Until this time, we are publishing 'Internal Only' jobs externally. This role is only open to employees of the West Midlands Combined Authority.
The 2022 Commonwealth Games, held in Birmingham, will be the biggest sporting and cultural event that the city and the region have ever seen. With an estimated television audience of 1.5 billion people, it will showcase Birmingham, the West Midlands and the entire country as an amazing place to live, work, study, visit and do business.
This role is integral to the successful delivery of a large, complex and multi-disciplinary programme of delivery for Transport, resulting in a successful transport operation for Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and maximizing delivery of legacy and benefits to the region. The successful applicant will have proven experience of delivering C3, testing and readiness for major events and be able to demonstrate robust and successful stakeholder management skills. Thee successful candidate should have a good
Understanding of how transport operations work as part of a major multi-day, multi-venue event and of the workings of a large (Regional) Transport Co-ordination Centre. This role is suited to an individual who excels in a fast paced and agile environment and someone who enjoys working with multiple stakeholders.
Specifically, the role will develop and implement the pre-Games testing and readiness programme for CWG Regional Transport Operations (Spectator, Workforce and Traffic Management) and work with the existing managers of the Regional Transport Co-ordination Centre (RTCC) to develop the Games-time enhancements required to deliver a successful Commonwealth Games. The role will also be responsible for integrating Games Family transport operations into the RTCC.
This is a fixed-term contract until 31st August 2022.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the TfWM Regional Transport Co-ordination Centre, determine and implement the Games-time enhancements to the Regional Transport Co-ordination Centre (RTCC) and develop the pre-Games testing and readiness programme.
- Working with transport partners and operators to establish an integrated Transport C3 model that puts in place effective protocols at Games time to facilitate effective coordination, reporting and decision making that enables time critical decisions to be made to support the overall success of the Transport program for the Games, whilst delivering against stakeholder expectations
- Define TfWM’s C3 structure working with regional transport operators and partners, OC functional areas, venue teams, partners and suppliers
- Develop Transport Operations integration exercises, including scenario development and evaluation requirements
- Oversee project reporting for C3, testing and readiness
- Working with transport colleagues and partners, coordinate the logistics for all Transport Operations, Games wide and readiness integration exercises
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Assist key delivery partners through being a point of contact for the Games Transport team (TfWM) in relation to C3, testing and readiness
- Prepare presentations and other documentation in support of governance and reporting
- Experience in resilience/C3 planning and management or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Experience and practical understanding resilience, testing and readiness for major transport events.
- Technical proficiency (e.g. MS Project, Excel, SharePoint, Enterprise Systems)
- Proven track record in making strategic decisions to balance project cost and quality and delivering projects on programme.
- Ability to research and synthesise complex technical subjects into practical, cost-effective and timely action plans and solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder partnerships.
- Good organisational skills, especially those associated with putting action and project plans together to make them come to fruition and delivering within the context of the organisational objectives and goals.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary organisation and to cooperate both internally and with external organisations in an integrated manner.
- Experience of other major event programmes.
- Experience of working in a high-pressured operational role.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be, and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Furthermore, wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance. We are very happy to discuss a flexible working pattern that suits your needs, so please do not let that be a barrier to applying. If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
About your application
The online Application Form you'll be asked to complete plays a key part in our recruitment and selection process. We use the information you provide to decide whether to invite you for an interview. It is important that you complete the Application Form as fully and accurately as possible. You will be asked to upload a Supporting Statement (not a CV) and this should include specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
If you would like to discuss alternative methods to the online application as a reasonable adjustment please contact the Resourcing Team by email (email@example.com).
CWG C3 Readiness and Testing Manager Role Profile Sept TMT V2.docx