Casual Activity Leader
My Options - Young People's Services
Casual Activity Leader
£10.41 per hour
Grade: Scale 4
“Be aspirational and think beyond the obvious to enable people to reach their full potential”
Can you make a positive difference to someone’s life?
Are you passionate about physical sporting activities and supporting children and young people with learning and physical disabilities?
Are you fun, approachable and think innovatively?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our well established and highly successful team Sports & Leisure team, supporting young people with learning and physical disabilities, which will include behaviours that challenge, to access a range of regular and adhoc physical activities. As Activity Leader, you support the Sports & Leisure Lead and will be responsible for the successful delivery of your designated activities, supported by a team that is committed to providing an excellent service for the young people who rely on our services, and their families and carers.
As part of our team, you will receive full training and support, excellent terms and conditions, and have the opportunity to develop your carer further within My Options, and Telford & Wrekin Council.
Ideally you will have experience of working with young people with learning and physical disabilities but you must be able to work evenings, weekends and school holidays.
To find out more, please contact Kerry Brogden, Service Leader – Young People’s Services on 01952 381317 or email Kerry at YPS@telford.gov.uk
What you will receive from us
- Working in a COVID safe environment
- Generous rates of pay
- Expert training, that you will be paid to do and opportunities to develop your skills. You will also receive a certificate for the training you complete.
- A full induction, excellent support and ongoing supervision
- The opportunity to progress within our team
- Free DBS
- Refer A Friend Scheme - £150 for every friend you successfully refer to us
- The opportunity to join a team that is fully committed to support people to live a more independent and fulfilling life.
- Automatic membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, one of the largest public sector pension schemes in the UK
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services, these include discounts on national attractions such a theme parks and discounted travel.
- A truly rewarding career
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.