After School Club Assistants x 3
Working a variety of shifts Monday to Friday, 3pm till 6pm (term time only). To be discussed at interview.
To assist in the provision of suitable activities and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment for children using the Out of School Club.
- To help provide appropriate activities and play opportunities to meet the needs of the children at the club.
- Participate in team activity planning sessions.
- Maintain accurate records, as and when requested.
- Help prepare and serve basic refreshments to children.
- Help in the transfer of children safely between school and club premises.
- Liaise with parents, giving feedback as and when necessary or requested.
- With all staff, be responsible for recording Health and Safety checks prior to commencement of each session, and maintaining this safe environment. This includes removing and recording damaged and broken equipment.
- Undertake all duties with regard to all policies in place at the setting.
- Respond to situations that may arise in a professional manner and record incidents as requested.
- Maintain awareness of ages and stages of development and special needs or requirements of each individual child in your care.
- Administer first aid as and when necessary (if qualified to do so) and complete all appropriate records in accordance with club policies and official directives (HSE).
- Attend team meetings and management committee meetings when attendance is requested.
- Carry out other duties as required.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
SUPPORT FOR THE SCHOOL
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.