Senior Lunchtime Supervisor
3 days left
To supervise pupils during lunch period ensuring their supervision, safety and welfare in the dining hall, on the playgrounds and at other locations as required.
1. To be on duty in the area allocated and the time allocated to ensure continuity of
supervision and to move around amongst the children within the area you are covering.
2. To supervise pupils to ensure good behaviour in and around school.
3. To encourage positive play and proper use of play equipment.
4. Exercise no direct sanction against a pupil except those set out in the relevant policies.
5. To report to the Head of Prep/Pre-Prep any concerns, including Health & Safety concerns or the presence in the school precincts of any unauthorised person.
6. To adhere to all school policies and procedures that affect you and your duties (e.g. Fire, Accident Reporting; Child Protection, Behaviour etc.).
7. To attend to sick or injured children and to report any accidents and request assistance from the School Nurse or first aider on duty as required.
8. To report to the Head of Prep/Head of Pre-Prep any incidents:-
a) Where pupils have acted in a manner deemed to be a danger to themselves
b) Where pupils have acted in an inconsiderate or discourteous manner
c) Where pupils have disobeyed the school’s Fair Rules
d) Any other concerns you might have about any pupil or group of pupils
9. To supervise pupils in the dinner queue and ensure pupils line up in an orderly fashion.
10. To supervise and assist pupils in the dining hall as they collect, eat and clear away their lunch.
11. To attend to any spillages on floors and table tops utilising equipment provided by the catering staff (or to refer spillages to catering staff)
12. Encourage pupils to eat the meal provided; assist with the serving and clearing of the meal; the cutting up of food and training pupils in the use of cutlery and table manners.
13. Assist with the clearing of tables, return of trays and the orderly stacking and clearing of dirty plates.
14. Ensure the removal of food and litter in the dining hall by pupils to maintain a high standard of cleanliness.
15. To supervise pupils in allocated areas during inclement weather.
16. Escort pupils to classroom for registration and afternoon activities.
17. Arrange and supervise classroom activities during inclement weather.
18. To attend Lunchtime Supervisor meetings and any relevant training as required.
19. Other duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Headmistress within the range of the salary grade.
SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SENIOR ROLE
1. To ensure that Health and Safety practices and procedures affecting pupils and
supervisory staff are maintained including the reporting of accidents, action taken etc.
2. To deal with unruly or unsociable behaviour by pupils whether directly encountered or from referral by another lunchtime supervisor.
3. To support the pastoral welfare of pupils who find the lunchtime environment difficult.
4. To ensure good timekeeping of LTS in relation to the lunchtime schedule.
Essential attributes are as follows:
Qualifications: None required.
Experience: Experience in working as part of a team.
Skills/competencies: Good communication skills and a pleasant nature; Ability to work in a positive and constructive manner as part of a team; encourage high standards of pupil behaviour; respect confidential information; ability to act as an appropriate role model for the children; be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and be willing to put the schools' equality policy into practice; to adhere to the schools Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health & Safety policies.
Special Knowledge: to have an understanding of children's behaviour.
Personal Qualities: Flexible approach to work; Good team member; Friendly, tolerant, patient; Sense of humour; Well organised; Approachable, sensitive;
Authoritative but also having good rapport and motivation
Other requirements to perform the role: Good time keeping and attendance record; Courteous and polite; Projects a professional image for the school; Able to be flexible with working hours should the need arise for extra work on an ad hoc basis.
Safeguarding Children and Young People: Understands their role in the context of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
Clear Enhanced DBS check if appointed.
Equal Opportunities: Understanding of the requirements of Equality and Diversity.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com using the attached Part A and Part B of the Application Form.
Closing date: 3rd December 2021
Interview date: TBC
Warwick Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.