Teaching Assistant 1-1
1 day left
Wootton Wawen is a popular and successful small village school, at the heart of the community. We are looking to employ a part time Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic and dedicated team. The starting date for the post would be the 1st January 2022 and the working days are Wednesday to Friday, 6 hours a day.
Within this role, the successful candidate will support a child with specific needs on a one to one basis adapting the curriculum to meet need. The role will also include supporting small groups in activities. The individual taking on this role will need to be highly motivated, calm, patient and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
We can offer:
· Excellent opportunities for professional development;
· Supportive and friendly staff, governors and parents;
· Children who are well behaved and keen to learn
The successful candidate will
- hold a recognised and relevant NVQ level 2 qualification and have undertaken other appropriate training (preferably leading to national standards at NVQ level 3 or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, experience and skills.
- have a minimum of GCSE/ (or equivalent) English and Maths at grades A-C
- have good communication and listening skills and be able to present information verbally and in writing to others.
- have experience of TA work.
- have attended further training on aspects of the curriculum or areas of specific special need.
- understand school’s policies and how they relate to local and national frameworks/policies (eg child protection, health and safety, equal ops, SEND).
Have good level of knowledge and understanding of SEND and areas of the curriculum.
- use ICT effectively to support learning and use other technology equipment.
- plan own work when required with appropriate support
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please complete the attached application form and return it to school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Wootton Wawen C of E Primary School
FAO Mrs S Gair
Closing date: 3rd December 2021
Interview date: TBC
Wootton Wawen C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to posts will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and references.