Head of Strategic Workforce Planning
Here at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), we work on things that make a real difference to people’s lives.
Whether it's through the homes we live in, the work of our local councils, or the communities we are all a part of, our work is at the top of the political agenda. With the creation of a new department under a new Secretary of State, if you are thinking of joining us, there’s never been a more exciting time.
As the Head of Strategic Workforce Planning, you will be joining the department at a crucial time of change and development, leading on the build of DLUHC’s workforce planning strategy. This will be vital to ensure we have the workforce capability to support the departments ambitious levelling up agenda.
You will be responsible for the overall development of the workforce planning strategy for DLUHC, working alongside a workforce capability lead. You will work across multiple teams and professions in DLUHC as well as across government, building great relationships and networks to develop our strategy. You will be part of the People Capability and Change Directorate and HR profession, providing direction, driving change and delivering support on the departments people issues.
- Forming and embedding the strategic workforce planning approach for DLUHC.
- Setting the direction and updating practice and guidance to build workforce planning capability across the HR profession, senior leaders, support functions, and relevant professions.
- Strengthening corporate systems and processes to capture and monitor workforce information, continuously improving the insight of our workforce and future requirements.
- Developing tools that will enable workforce planning for policy and operational areas to align their future capacity and capability with delivery and departmental priorities.
- Understanding, communicating, and monitoring the contextual and political environment that impacts on the department's workforce strategy using a wide network, and providing thought provoking challenge using this knowledge, across the department.
- As part of business planning for DLUHC and its Arm's Length Bodies, lead on determining our people resource requirements and the distribution of resource allocations as a result of the most recent Spending Review round.
- When necessary, leading on Spending Reviews for the People function, partnering with Finance and Strategy colleagues leading on the overall process.
- Aligning workforce plans with the cross-government Places for Growth programme, working with area leads and estates colleagues to build into our workforce planning
With the above responsibilities, this role heavily depends on building successful relationships and a reliable network to deliver outcomes and drive change, shaping the direction of the new department. You will work closely with many areas and teams across the department, given the breadth of the role, but most importantly:
- Your wider team - those leading People Data & MI, Pay and Reward, Beyond Whitehall, Recruitment and PC&C SLT
- HR Business Partners
- Finance Directorate – Budget Control, Financial Strategy, Finance SLT, Central Portfolio Office and Finance Business Partners
- Director Policy Leads
- SCS colleagues and the Executive Team
- Experienced stakeholder manager, with excellent influencing skills
- Confident in quickly building trusting relationships across a variety of teams
- Experience of working on major (Executive/Board Level) strategic initiatives
- Confident engaging with, presenting to and challenging at every level of an organisation
- Able to derive insight & meaning from multiple data sources, and confidently present this across the department to improve stakeholder understanding of the workforce
- Proactive and confident approach to work, with the ability to lead on new and varied projects to support strategic workforce planning across the department
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
To Apply use the link provided : https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi?SID=cGFnZWNsYXNzPUpvYnMmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImam9ibGlzdF92aWV3X3ZhYz0xNzU2NjQ1JnVzZXJzZWFyY2hjb250ZXh0PTE0MTkyOTIwMCZzZWFyY2hfc2xpY2VfY3VycmVudD0xJnBhZ2VhY3Rpb249dmlld3ZhY2J5am9ibGlzdCZjc291cmNlPWNzcXNlYXJjaCZvd25lcj01MDcwMDAwJnJlcXNpZz0xNjM3MTQ5MTQzLTBkY2RmMWU5N2NkYzcyMDZiOTU2Mzk3Yzc1YjRkOTQ1NzE2NjZmNTE=