Head Teacher – Hamstead Junior
Hamstead Junior School
Salary Range L18 – L24
Full time and permanent
Start date : January 2022
Closing date: November 26th 2021 at 12 noon.
Short listing: December 3rd 2:00pm
Opportunity to visit: November 22nd (Please contact Mrs. Nicki Rodgers in the school office)
Interviews to take place on: December 14th 2021. Time TBA
The children and the Governing Body of Hamstead Junior School wish to appoint a new Headteacher, who is an inspirational and reflective leader, and who will have the ability to inspire the confidence of pupils, parents and colleagues through enthusiasm and commitment to the role.
Hamstead Junior School is a thriving two form entry school in the heart of Hamstead, providing high quality learning and teaching, which meets pupils needs and encourages high standards of personal achievement and attainment. We provide a caring environment, supportive of pupils’ physical and emotional health and wellbeing. We foster positive partnerships with parents, the local authority, other schools, outside agencies and the wider community.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate innovative, nurturing and intelligent leadership
- provide professional vision and leadership for the school, ensuring high quality education for all its pupils, and demonstrating a passion for continual improvement and achievement.
- demonstrate an extensive proven track record of successful leadership and management
- be committed to offering a warm, friendly, inclusive and purposeful setting for all our pupils to flourish
- have the commitment to further develop our strong partnerships with parents, governors and the community
- support and develop the full potential of our whole school team, furthering a culture of collaboration and personal development with high regard for staff wellbeing and resilience
- possess skills and expertise to continue to develop the highest standards of teaching, learning and curriculum development
- possess strong financial management skills
In return, the successful candidate will be offered:
- A supportive Governing Body who recognises the challenges of headship and will offer you opportunities for continuous professional development
- A dedicated and highly professional, caring staff team where teamwork is strong
- The opportunity to innovate and be forward- thinking
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- An opportunity to work with other local schools in the West Bromwich North Learning Community.
COVID safe visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact Nicki Rodgers on 0121 357 1557 to make an appointment for November 22nd to tour the school with the Chair of Governors.
How to Apply
For an application pack, please contact Nicki Rodgers via the school office
Hamstead Junior is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices to protect children. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Full time, permanent
Leadership L18-L24 (£64,143-£73,559 per annum)
Hamstead Junior School, Hamstead Road, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 5BE
Friday 26 November 2021 at 12pm (noon)