Level 3 Teaching Assistant
4 days left
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
William Murdoch Primary School
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0121 554 0999
Job Start Date: 1 January 2022
We are looking for a committed teaching assistant who will embrace our vision of striving for the very best for all our children. We serve the culturally diverse and supportive community of Handsworth in Birmingham. You can expect a great teaching atmosphere. Our children are happy, enthusiastic and motivated to learn. They are very well behaved and engaged with our excellent curriculum content.
Our teaching staff and leaders are committed to learning from the very best and we are a research focused school. Our motto, Scientia Mentem Luminat (yes, we teach Latin) translates to ‘Knowledge Lights up the Mind.’ We are outward facing and have worked with a number of partners on both a local and national level. This includes Birmingham Educations Partnership (BEP), Reach Academy Trust, Aston Villa Football Club, Warwickshire Cricket Club, Birmingham Music Services (all our year 4 children have instrumental instruction), Primary Knowledge Trust - just to name a few - as well as being part of a vibrant consortium of local schools. The school is very well resourced, with stable staffing and a healthy budget. Workload management has been central to our school improvement planning even before it was the next big thing for Ofsted.
We are interested in hearing from both experienced teaching assistants and newly qualified teaching assistants.
The type of person we are looking for will:
- value inclusion and is ambitious for all our pupils
- relish the challenge of working in an innovative teaching setting
- be empathetic and commit to working in a supportive culture (we have a skilled, hardworking and dedicated staff team willing to offer support and expertise to develop your own practice, as well as being excited to learn from you)
- build positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- take responsibility for their own continued professional development
- be prepared to take an active part in the wider life of the school
Duties will include:
• supervising children in a range of settings including the dining room and playground
• running 1:1 or small group interventions to provide extra support for those that need it
• supporting individual children with their work in all areas of the curriculum
• supporting children to develop their social skills
• supporting teachers with routine administrative tasks
• assisting with the preparation and planning of the learning environment
• observing and recording pupils’ progress
• helping with the assessment of pupils’ progress
• creating displays of pupil work and maintaining a stimulating environment for learning
• attending staff meetings and in-service training as appropriate
• keeping abreast of educational developments relevant to pupils’ needs and the development of the curriculum
• dealing with minor accidents and incidents and administering first aid (if qualified)
The successful applicant must have a Level 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent and have experience of working with children.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and, therefore, the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
At interview candidates will be asked for photo identification and proof of qualifications.
Closing Date: 1 December 2021, 4pm
For further details including information on visits to the school and/or an application pack, please telephone or email the school.
Further information about our school can also be found on our website.