Administration Assistant, St Matthews CE Primary
1 day left
Administration Assistant - Required for January 2022
The Governors of St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant to take a lead in our Windmill Lane office. We are a busy, friendly school housed over a split site and we are seeking a friendly and hardworking individual who is able to demonstrate initiative and work effectively as part of a team.
It is essential that the successful candidate:
- Is able to communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff and visitors;
- Is polite and friendly and has a good telephone manner;
- Is able to take responsibility for general administrative duties within the school;
- Has the ability to prioritise workload, multi task and deal with an unpredictable and busy work place;
- Is capable of working both independently and as part of a team across a split site
In return, St Matthew’s Primary School offers:
- A multi-faith community of supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
- An inclusive and nurturing school, committed to developing the potential of all staff and children
- A commitment to continued professional development
Further details are available from the school office and informal visits to school are most welcome. If you have any queries or would like to visit the school, please contact the Headteacher, Fiona Deakin on 0121 558 1651 or email:
The Governors and staff of St. Matthew’s Church of England Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role
Please return application forms to the school either by email or post.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post also requires a Children's Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Application forms and further details are available by emailing:
or you can download an application form below.
Please ensure application forms are signed when sending via email
If you are successful in being shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date
Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there
HOURS: 37 hrs per week, term time only + 5 training days
GRADE: Band B, SCP 2-4 (£16,182 - £16,821 pro rata salary)
LOCATION: St Matthews Church of England Primary School, Windmill Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 3LX
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 1st December 2021