Pastoral Support Assistant - Ref: TV52921
5 days left
RIVERS PRIMARY ACADEMY
Pastoral Support Assistant
Grade 4 (SCP 12-16)
Actual salary £19,586 - £21,202
37 hours per week, term time only
Required for Immediate Start
We are currently looking to appoint a Pastoral Support Assistant to join our team.
Rivers Primary Academy is an oversubscribed two form entry primary school situated in the heart of Blakenall, Walsall. We serve a diverse community which we inspire to aspire every day.
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where children and the community are at the heart of all we do. We are seeking to appoint a committed, and talented teacher to join our team. Forming part of Windsor Academy Trust, Rivers Primary Academy is an exciting, dynamic place to work that can offer great opportunities for further career development.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the Pastoral Lead and DSL in operational safeguarding matters.
- To provide support and advice to pupils in line with promoting their academic potential, social care and personal potential.
- To encourage positive attitudes to learning and behaviour in and around school.
- To be on-call and be available to respond as needed throughout the school day.
- To carry out focused interventions (to support pupils’ SEND, social and emotional or academic needs).
- To support the school’s work to help improve pupils’ attendance and punctuality at school.
- To engage in work with families and carry out home visits as directed and required.
- To help reduce the social and emotional barriers to learning for vulnerable pupils.
- To act as a mentor for targeted pupils and monitor their behaviour.
You will be required to work between the hours of 8am and 5pm term time only.
Please apply online for this vacancy through our vacancies page on our website (www.riversprimary.org.uk). If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 01922 710 164 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date for application forms: Thursday 9 December at midday
Interview date: To be confirmed (only shortlisted candidates will be notified)