Providing HR advice to School Leaders and Managers in dealing with employment matters. Supporting all aspects of employee relations within the Education sector to proactively support and advise schools in managing their employees
A key element of the role will be the design, development and delivery of HR training events, and HR projects.
You will be required to provide remote & face to face support at meetings, trade union consultations, hearings and appeals.
The role will involve travel across the Midlands as required
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide HR advice & guidance on complex employee relation matters, in accordance with employment legislation and statutory regulations and HR best practice
- Developing & delivering HR Training courses/webinars virtually and face to face
- Delivering strategic HR projects including assessment centres, investigations and policy review
- Support the development of the HR Advisory Service by sharing knowledge, expertise and suggestions for service developments
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of developing and delivering training sessions and facilitating events
- Experience of advising on employee relation matters
- A team player to join our highly experienced HR professionals delivering HR to schools, academies and Multi Academy Trusts
- Experience of establishing credibility with clients
- Ability to think strategically in a creative and innovative way
- Ability to engage with clients to ensure good client relationships
- Have knowledge, understanding and practical application of employment legislation
- Flexibility to travel to client sites
About Capita HR Solutions
We work in partnership with schools, academy trusts and Local Authorities to provide specialist HR advice and guidance with our HR and Payroll services to enable them to manage their employees to ensure every child and young person.
- receives a good education.
- is in a safe and healthy environment.
- and is given expert guidance to realise their full potential.
We also work with clients across a range of other sectors including central government, health, and the private sector.
Our achievements are underpinned by our vision ‘to inspire futures’ by being Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective. By building on our reputation for excellence and delivering what we promise, we want to help make every school in England a good school, ensuring every child and young person gets the education they deserve.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary £38,000
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Flexible working with a blend of home and office working, and attending client sites
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme ...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.