Programme Assistant - Covid-19 Test & Trace
1 day left
The Public Health team is part of the Public Health, Insight and Migration Division.
Reporting to the Director of Public Health and Wellbeing, the team helps people to stay healthy and protect them from threats to their health.
The Public Health team commissions and delivers a wide range of services and programmes that tackle health inequalities and help people to live healthier lives including:
- Alcohol and drugs misuse strategy, treatment and recovery services
- Sexual health services including sexually transmitted infections and contraception
- Healthy lifestyles support with losing weight, getting more active, giving up smoking, cutting down on alcohol and improving your well being
- Physical activity strategy and projects including school based exercise, parks and cycling
- Family health including health visiting, infant feeding, school nurses, teenage pregnancy support, family weight management and services supporting BME families
- Health protection strategy and services including air quality, blood borne virus testing, screening & immunisations, infection control, emergency planning and outbreak management
- The Marmot City strategy, reducing health inequalities across the city
- Domestic abuse and sexual abuse strategies and support services
- Youth violence reduction
This is an exciting and challenging time to work in the Public Health Team. If you are an individual that is committed to achieving the best outcomes for people across Coventry our team can help you make a difference through high-quality professional support, supervision, excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Fixed term contract up to November 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Programme Assistant to join us to work on the COVID-19 Test and Trace programme.
The role will support the Programme Delivery Manager and Consultant in Public Health responsible for COVID-19 Test and Trace programmes. The main purpose of this role is to:
- Support the delivery of Coventry’s local Test and Trace programme in a way that contributes to the achievement of the City Council’s vision and objectives for a safe, growing and sustainable city.
- Support the day to day management of COVID-19 outbreaks within communities and settings providing advice and guidance to prevent transmission.
- Work closely with partner organisations involved both in the national and local COVID-19 test and trace programmes.
You’ll have excellent administration and project management skills and have significant experience of working collaboratively with staff across a range of organisations.
You’ll be a strong communicator, able to explain and support the dissemination of information to a wide range of audiences.
You’ll be highly organised, prioritising work, managing time and working under pressure to deliver to deadlines.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
· Knowledge and understanding of public health and COVID-19 response.
· Experience of undertaking administrative duties to support core processes and activities including the management of databases and data systems.
· Ability and experience of providing support and advice to others outside your direct sphere of influence.
· Experience of project management - ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload to meet specific targets and deadlines.
Candidates with similar experience in other sectors with transferable skills will also be considered.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity: Karen.Thomas@coventry.gov.uk
Previous candidates need not apply.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 16/12/21Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.