Commissioning Officers (Families & Communities)
Commissioning Officers (Families & Communities)
Salary: £37,890- £41,881 per annum
37 Hours Per Week – Permanent/Fixed Term (Until 31st March 2023.
The Families & Communities Wellbeing and Partnerships Team of Staffordshire County Council is seeking talented, enthusiastic and creative individuals to join us as Commissioning Officers to help shape, influence and deliver an ambitious, courageous and empowering commissioning programme across Families & Communities.
The Families & Communities Wellbeing and Partnerships Team are seeking to recruit Commissioning Officers as follows:
- Commissioning Officer (Communities) with a focus on New Communities, Resettlement and Evacuees. Permanent
- Commissioning Officer (Communities) with a focus on the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme. Permanent
- Commissioning Officer (Communities) with a focus on enabling families and communities to have the strength, skills, and knowledge they need to ensure their children and young people are healthy, happy, safe and achieve their potential. Permanent
- Commissioning Officer (Early Help Portfolio) with a focus on delivering against the National Supporting Families Programme working in partnership to continue to improve outcomes for children and families in need of Early Help. Fixed Term/Secondment for Twelve Months
The Families & Communities Wellbeing and Partnerships Team are seeking to recruit Commissioning Officers on both a permanent and Fixed Term/Secondment basis in the first instance – extensions may be possible subject to future funding agreements (which cannot be guaranteed and so should not be relied on). Candidates should seek permission of their employing organisation before applying for a Secondment.
What you’ll bring
Reporting to a Senior Partnerships & Commissioning Manager, the successful candidates will be innovative, flexible and visionary in helping us to shape and drive the future commissioning and delivery across Families & Communities, whilst developing relationships with our partners and communities.
Subject area knowledge and significant commissioning experience are not necessary (but may be an advantage) for any of the posts. However, the successful candidates will have excellent literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, the ability to independently complete complex tasks, the ability to work in challenging multi-agency arenas, excellent influencing skills, the flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously and an enthusiasm for improving outcomes for Families & Communities.
If you are keen to be involved and have the ability to be innovative, flexible and visionary in outlook we want to hear from you.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 08/12/2021, 11:59pm
Shortlisting Date: 9/12/2021
Interview Date: 16/12/2021 & 17/12/2021
Should you also wish to have an informal conversation about this positions, please contact Amanda Brass via:firstname.lastname@example.org who will make arrangements for you to speak with Joseph Sullivan, Senior Partnerships & Commissioning Manager (Communities)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts