Academic Coach (English)
Academic Coach (English)
Term time (plus 2 weeks), 30hrs per week (Mon- Fri; 8.15am – 2.45pm)
Scale 5 SCP 13-17 - £15,936 -18,242 per annum (actual salary).
An exciting opportunity has become available at our state of the art school. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and experienced Academic Coach (English).
Our ethos of ‘Ensuring Excellence’ is at the forefront of everything that we do. The successful candidate will have the appropriate skills, ability and confidence to supervise whole classes when directed in the absence of a Teacher. The primary focus will be to maintain good order and keep pupils on task. An Academic Coach will be required to respond to questions and generally assist students to undertake set activities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work with teaching staff to provide an extra layer of support for the pupils
- Ability to offer timetabled support and intervention to individual students and groups
- Improve self image, confidence and motivation of pupils
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Understanding of principles of learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning
We will offer you:
- An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
- Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 0747273-6
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am, Wednesday 8th December 2021.
Please return your completed application form via email to: email@example.com
We would welcome you to visit our school, please do not hesitate to contact Penny Jolley via email. She will put you in contact with the most relevant member of staff to provide with the information you require.
To find out more about our school you could also follow the link below:
If you have any questions about the post, please do not hesitate to contact Penny Jolley via email and she will put you in contact with the most relevant member of staff to deal with your enquiry.
About the Employer
The Telford Park School is sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Alongside the family of schools, the CAT has established a teaching school which ensures CPD opportunities are abundant for all, no matter what stage of your career you are at.