Safeguarding and Family Support Officer
Barr View Primary and Nursery Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 464 2251
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: Early 2022
Hours: 36.5 hours per week, term time only
The Governing Board of Barr View Primary and Nursery Academy are seeking to appoint an additional member to join our effective Safeguarding Team. This role will play a key function in establishing and growing relationships between some of our more vulnerable families, the academy and outside agencies. Your role in our academy will be essential in ensuring the best possible outcomes for children facing challenges beyond just those related to learning.
As our Safeguarding and Family Support Officer you will:
• be empathetic towards the families needing support
• be an excellent communicator
• be non-judgmental
• develop excellent relationships and become a key person for families needing support
• have experience of or be willing to train on CPOMS, safeguarding software
• have a good understanding of legal and procedural requirements in relation to child protection and safeguarding
• be good under pressure and able to prioritise effectively
• want to do all you can to improve the outcomes of the families you support
We will offer you:
• enthusiastic, hardworking and well behaved children
• a supportive staff and Governing Body
• a commitment to your professional development
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Pre booked visits are encouraged and can be arranged for Thursday 25 November, Wednesday 1 December and Tuesday 7 December by calling 0121 464 2251. Shortlisting will take place on 14 December 2021. Successful applicant informed of interview selection 15 December 2021 with Interviews on 5 January 2022.
Closing Date: 13 December 2021, 12:00 noon
To obtain more information, book a visit or obtain an application pack please contact the school on 0121 464 2251 or e-mail the school on email@example.com, alternatively, you can download an application pack.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.