Building Services Manager
Building Services Manager
£20,903 - £27,041 (dependent upon experience)
Hours per week: 36.5 hours per week, all year round
Contract Type: Permanent
Water Mill Primary School
Water Mill Close
Telephone Number: 0121 464 7769
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and professionally qualified Building Services Manager to join Water Mill Primary School as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Headteacher, the key areas of responsibility will be:
• to be responsible for the management of the overall provision of security, janitorial and cleaning services, including the cleaning of some areas
• to be responsible for the management of repairs and maintenance of the school site
• to monitor the work of external contractors on site
• to open and close the school each week day
Water Mill Primary School staff benefit from the following: -
• a small, friendly, welcoming community and environment
• strong and supportive relationships
• the opportunity for professional growth and development
• well behaved, polite pupils
The successful applicant will:
• evidence knowledge of health and safety legislation
• display knowledge of building services
• have basic property maintenance skills
• be forward thinking and adaptable
• be well-organised with a sound work ethic
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• develop good working relationships quickly, with a wide range of people
• manage a varied workload and be able to problem solve with initiative
• take pride in the role and the premises and expect the same of others
Water Mill Primary School is a small, one form entry, community school. It is a lively, fast-paced, passionate and rewarding place to work. If you want to work with a team of people who love what they do and are prepared to go the extra mile, and you want to work in a fantastically diverse school that believes ‘Anything is possible’, then this may be the place for you. Full time, 36.5 hours per week – split shift (7am – 11.15am and 3pm – 6pm), Monday - Friday. (Occasional evenings and call-outs may be required). Annual leave entitlement of 29 days, plus bank holidays.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing date: Monday 6 December 2021, 12 noon
Interviews Wk. bg. 13/12/2021.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
BCC is a Living Wage employer
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.