3 days left
The Cleaning Operative will support the Cleaning Supervisor by providing daily support of the school’s educational cleaning services at any
designated building based within the working and rotational shifts assigned to.
The post holder will assist the Cleaning Supervisor and have the daily responsibility of the allocated school building ensuring the most effective
and efficient delivery of service to the school is achieved.
The post holder is expected to have good communication skills and a
track record of excellent team working to achieve the high standards required for the schools.
It is expected that the post holder will contribute to the continual overall improvement of the cleaning service provision to the schools. This will be achieved by supporting our in-house training scheme by participating in
BICSc training, successfully passing the assessments and thereafter adhering to its standards as this will improve our service delivery and efficiency.
1. Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment.
2. Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which
may be unsafe to other staff or pupils.
3. Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed.
4. Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment, as instigated by your Cleaning Supervisor\Cleaning Manager.
5. Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils.
Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the School.
6. Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed.
7. Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with manufacturers written
instructions and that all chemicals are securely stored away when not in use.
8. Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each session. Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking PAT testing and also visual checks of cables for wear and
tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying supervisor of any faults found.
9. Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session.
10. Reporting immediately to your Cleaning Supervisor\Cleaning Manager any defective electrical sockets, lighting, vandalism etc., in your cleaning area.
11.Ensuring Cleaning Supervisor\Cleaning Manager is aware of low stock levels of materials and equipment for which you are responsible.
12.Assist in keeping chemicals and cleaning materials and equipment storage areas (Cleaning Cupboards) in a clean and tidy condition.
13.To complete all training deemed necessary by the Cleaning Supervisor\Cleaning Manager.
14.To ensure full compliance with COSHH regulations including correct dilution rates and usage according to the manufactures instructions
and also departmental Colour Coding.
15.To comply with the quality policy within the Foundation Schools and actively comply with all aspects of customer care.
16.To be punctual and complete all contracted hours and ensure the correct recording of these times are made via the appropriate clocking in system within the schools.
17.To assist the Cleaning Manager and/or Cleaning Supervisor in providing cover in the absence of staff within the Foundation Schools.
18.Any other duties within reason for the role as required by the Cleaning Manager and/or Shift Cleaning Supervisor.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please complete the School's application form and forward to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interview date: TBC
Warwick Independent Schools Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.