Teaching Assistant Grade 3
Headteacher: Sheila Holden
Permanent Teaching Assistant Grade 3, including special needs allowance
Salary range: £15059 up to £18153 per annum (including special needs allowance)
30.42 hours per week, term time plus 5 TED days
Start date to be confirmed
Pitcheroak School is an all age 4 to 19 Special school. We have 155 wonderful children and a beautiful building with excellent facilities. The Governors of Pitcheroak School are seeking to appoint a caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant Grade 3 to join our team.
You'll be supporting and teaching students with complex needs and communication difficulties. Working within small teaching groups, you'll need to use your experience of behavioural management to support our students, ensuring that they are safe, engaged and encouraged with their independent learning. You'll develop close working relationships, helping them with both academic and vocational skills for their life ahead.
This is an excellent chance for anyone with enthusiasm and a caring nature to join our team. We think that Pitcheroak School is a wonderful and exciting place to be and we know that we have the most incredible children. If you have high standards and expectations for yourself and everyone around you, a passion for learning and a passion for developing your own skills set then we think you will love it here too.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- experience of teaching young people with special educational needs on a one to one basis is essential
- the ability to manage and encourage students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare alongside their emotional and behavioural development
- can provide a learning environment that enables all children to meet their potential
- are an effective communicator who can establish and sustain constructive relationships with children and adults
- have a positive and creative personality
- can demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team
- are willing to play a full part in the life of the school and the local community
- are committed to school improvement and raising levels of pupil achievement.
What will you receive from us?
This rewarding job also provides the following benefits for the right candidate:-
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- An attractive pension through the Local Authority
- Free parking
- Catering facilities
- Access to onsite gym facilities
The post is term time only plus 5 education days; hours are 30.42 per week Monday – Friday. Please see the Job Description of Person Specification for further information.
Visits to the school will take place on the interview day for shortlisted candidates.
CV’s WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Pitcheroak School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to taking the position.
Closing Date: 10th December 2021