General Assistant - City Road Primary, City Road, B16 0HL
Term Time Only
8.75 hours per week working times are Monday - Thurs
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi- award winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all of our menus and we are committed to the wellbeing of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking meals for pupils
- Planning and controlling all aspects of the service
- Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy
- Costing, stocktaking and keeping appropriate records
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus.
- To be aware of the care users’ needs and dietary preferences
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
Food Safety Level 2 is essential to this role
Previous kitchen experience is essential to this role
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar environment
- Food Safety Level 2 or working towards
- High standards and quality driven
- A ‘can do’ attitude
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
For any informal enquires please contact Christine Holleran via email: Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”
Job Description & Person Specification