Teaching Assistant x 2 posts (The Meadows Primary Academy)
1 day left
Teaching Assistant x 2 posts
The Meadows Primary Academy
Hours: Part time, 36.25 hours per week, 38 term time weeks plus 1 week (39 weeks per year total)
Contract: ASAP until 31st August 2022
Salary: SET Grade 3, Scale point 10 – 13 £18,562 - £18,933 FTE salary per annum, £15,780 - £16,096 pro rata salary per annum.
The Meadows Primary Academy is an ambitious and inclusive community school with passion for delivering high quality education.
We are looking for two experienced teaching assistants to support in two of our KS2 classrooms. You will be working alongside a qualified teacher to support the learning and pastoral needs of the class as directed. The role is initially a fixed term contract from January 2022 until 31st August 2022, but has the potential to be extended beyond this date.
We welcome applications from individuals, who care about people and are able to form strong relationships. They will motivate and inspire others to strive for the best. We are looking for someone who is:
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or recognised equivalent qualification) and have experience working in a Primary School, ideally in KS2
- Committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- Able to create a culture and ethos where all students can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning
- Creative and able to embrace the challenges of The Meadows
- An excellent communicator and demonstrates openness and honesty
- An excellent team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Able to inspire and motivate children and staff
- Highly skilled in managing personal interactions
- Resilient under pressure
In return for dedication, we can offer:
- Child focused team and environment,
- Incredible community of children, parents and carers who deserve only the best,
- Balanced approach to wellbeing and workload,
- Commitment to quality CPD, development and opportunities due to further school growth.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
- Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
The Meadows Primary School is dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students; all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including Enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Application forms can be found at:
Candidates should forward completed application and monitoring forms to Helen Taylor, Head teacher via Amy James (SBM) - email@example.com
In line with our safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted.
Our Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and references.
Closing Date: Monday 6th December at 9am
Interview Date: Friday 10th December
Start date: ASAP – ideally January 2022.