Senior Practitioner Social Worker Care Act Assessment Team (CAAsT)
4 days left
37 hours per week
Closing date: 8th December
Herefordshire Council Adults & Communities are currently creating a new team, the focus of which is carrying out short term assessment & support planning with service users throughout Herefordshire who have recently left hospital and require ongoing services. This is an exciting opportunity to join our new team and we are looking for full-time, enthusiastic staff who enjoy fast paced work to set timescales and are keen to support service users and make a success of the new team.
We are looking for a forward thinking Senior Practitioner who is a qualified, experienced social worker, registered with Social Work England and with a good knowledge of case management, excellent organisational skills, effective decision making skills, including positive risk taking and conflict resolution.
You will have a solid knowledge base within adult social work and strong interpersonal and organisational skills with a developed understanding of social care practice and legislation. You will have the ideas, values and knowledge that ensure that our responses are person centered, safe and effective with a commitment to achieving the best outcomes for the individuals you support. You will work on your own initiative in order to meet the requirements of the assessment and review process. You will have experience of supporting staff on a day to day basis, carrying out formal and informal supervision and have responsibility for overseeing safeguarding, allocation and completion of assessment. We are interested in staff with experience in mental health, learning disability, physical disability and older people.
You will have the ideas, values and knowledge that ensure that our responses are person centered, safe and effective with a commitment to achieving the best outcomes for the individuals you support. You will work on your own initiative in order to meet the requirements of the assessment and review process.
We are interested in staff with experience in hospital discharge, mental health, learning disability, physical disability and older adults. You will receive regular supervision from your line manager and we will provide you with opportunities to develop your practice to take you forward in your career. Hereford is a rural county and the ability to travel is integral to the post.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• A generous relocation package for eligible candidates.
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Payment of professional membership fees
• Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Nicky Brezine on 01432 260040.
From 11 November 2021, people working in a Care Quality Commission-registered care home for adults, require two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in order to enter the premises. You will be required to visit such premises as part of this role and therefore you will be required to evidence that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have a medical exemption.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements.