ICT Assistant Video and Graphic Designer
Sandwell Council is looking to expand its ICT Adoption and Take-up team. This team is focused on providing the best advice and guidance to help the workforce get the most out of their technology, and to use it with confidence.
So far the team has been successful in supporting the workforce in adopting new and existing technology, and is now ready to build on this with the creation of an ICT Learning Hub that will host a range of “how to” videos and tutorials.
This role will be primarily focused on creating, managing and maintaining the video content that will reside on the ICT Learning Hub, and will ensure that all content is kept up to date as Office 365 continues to evolve and change.
The role will also require graphical design for various ICT marketing campaigns and may also extend to assist with customer led projects too.
There will also be an expectation to help other team members with BAU work from time to time. This may be advising groups of people on how to use key features within Office 365, which may need to be conducted via MS Teams or from within a Council building.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating engaging and eye-catching graphical designs
- Creating media rich video content
- Delivering great design solutions from brief to final execution
- Collaborating with different service areas to produce media content.
- Sharing knowledge, ideas and inspiration with the team.
- Demo key features of O365 and Windows 10 to groups of people when required
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- To be digitally savvy and interested in video production and graphical design.
- Experience in producing short video content
- Well-versed in video editing suites such as Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve etc
- Well-versed in graphical editing suites such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign etc
- Highly self-motivated, problem solver and willing to go the extra mile.
- Attention to detail on all pieces of work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Have a reasonable understanding of the products within the Office 365 suite
You must have a minimum of 5 Grade C GCSE’s or equivalents, to include English and Maths.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org