Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
St. Saviour's C of E Primary
Alum Rock Road
Telephone Number: 0121 464 6923
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 4 January (or as soon after)
St. Saviour’s C of E Primary School is a warm and welcoming church school, where our children, parents and staff are at the heart of everything we do. We are currently seeking applications from passionate, enthusiastic, motivated and talented people for a Teaching Assistant role, to be based in EYFS initially.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent teaching assistant, who can motivate and inspire children
• have a sound knowledge of early years education
• be familiar with the EYFS Statutory Framework (2021) and be able to support children’s learning through a play-based curriculum.
• teach groups of children as needed and secure good progress from all learners
• have high expectations of themselves and others and be committed to raising standards in learning & teaching
• work alongside staff and parents in order to ensure children get outstanding provision at school
• demonstrate drive, ambition and openness to learning and personal development.
We can offer you:
• a hardworking, friendly and supportive staff team
• a welcoming and involved Governing Body
• a committed and supportive Leadership Team
• very well-behaved children who enjoy school and want to learn
• an organised school including well-established school systems and structures
• excellent coaching and opportunities for professional and career development
• well-resourced and well-organised EYFS setting
• a vibrant, warm and friendly working environment
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 13 December 2021, 12 midday
Visits to school are encouraged and most welcome. Please telephone the school office to arrange.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website or obtained from the school office via email, post or collected in person.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
BCC is a Living Wage employer
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.