3 days left
£20,903 to £22,627 - Actual £16,274 to £18,021.
Hours per week: 32.50 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Fixed term until July 2022 to undertake a specific task, which has a foreseeable end
Hall Green School
Telephone Number: 0121 628 8787
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will be a reliable, enthusiastic and a flexible team-player who can
communicate well with staff and pupils alike. The duties and responsibilities attached to this post are as follows:
• to assist with all staff cover arrangements, utilising the school’s internal staff (in line with cover guidelines), cover supervisors and the recognised supply teaching agencies
• to remain aware of all teacher absences, to keep a log of absences, including the reason of absence and anticipated date of return to school
• to contact supply agencies to find candidates for long-term absences
• to find free rooms for staff where appropriate
• to update Senior Leaders (as required) on matters relating to absence and cover
• to receive telephone calls and deliver messages as appropriate
• to maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems (i.e. SIMS)
• any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 8 December 2021, 12 midday
Please note that all applicants must complete the school’s application form only. Any other form of application or CVs alone will not be accepted.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.