An opportunity now exists within Accountancy for a highly professional Principal Accountant who will compliment and support the continued development of Financial Services within Dudley MBC.
Principal Accountant (Financial Accounts)
Hours: Up to 37 per week, permanent
Salary: Grade 11 (£39,881 - £42,822)
Location: Dudley Town Centre and working from home
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join our Central Finance Team with specific responsibility for producing the Statement of Accounts in a large metropolitan council. Key duties include:
- Planning and managing of the delivery of the day-to-day requirements for producing the Statement of Accounts, following the latest guidance, audit requirements and best practise.
- Providing technical advice on financial accounting matters to service accountants and senior management across all service areas.
- To plan and be responsible for producing the closure of accounts timetable, ensuring there is adequate time and processes for its delivery.
- To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day liaison with the Council’s external auditors.
- To direct, manage and take managerial accountability for the quality and integrity of data within the Council's Asset Register and how this is reflected in the Council’s year-end financial statements.
- To manage key control processes including reconciliations of the General Ledger with feeder systems such as payroll, creditors, debtors, etc.
To be suitable for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant who is able to establish positive and influential working relationships with colleagues across the Council. Detailed knowledge of Local Government Accounting regulations is desirable. You will need to be able to work to strict and challenging deadlines and be committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards in the financial activities of the Council.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Amarjit Uppal for an informal conversation on 01384 812425 or email email@example.com
NB: We reserve the right to close this job advert early of we receive a large number of applicants.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/