Finance Assistant - Langley Secondary School
£20493.00 - £23080.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
30.0 Hours per Week
Finance Assistant – Part-time 30 hours per week
Permanent contract. Start date - as soon as possible
Band ‘C’ Pt. 8 - 14 £20,493 - £23,080 pro rota
Term time plus INSET Days (39 weeks per year)
Actual salary £14182 - £15971
Langley School has a small but busy finance department and this role will be an integral part of the existing finance team. This post offers an exciting opportunity for someone with excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail, who is able to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team.
Our school’s fundamental principles focus on supporting, challenging and inspiring the whole Langley community ‘to be the best that we can be’. But these are not simply words on paper. Students, staff and governors genuinely give all they can to bring those principles to life every day.
What Matters to Us at Langley School
How we work together:
• We share a clear sense of purpose, with students at the centre of all that we do and strive for
• We are committed to investing in positive relationships to enhance all that we do, respecting and valuing differences
• We make decisions with transparency and fairness, finding a route through the difficult rather than the easy
• We take a solutions-focussed approach, concentrating on what we can do
• We have a willingness to collaborate openly and honestly with each other and as part of wider networks, adopting and adapting good practice to fit the Langley context
• We are a compassionate community with a shared set of values and a love for our very special school
Our approach with our young people:
• We encourage everyone to embody our school motto; ‘to be the best we can be’ in all that we do
• We see everyone’s potential as limitless
• We share the fundamental belief that a child’s past does not determine their future. Our mistakes do not define us
• We see learning as an exciting gateway to opportunity
• We value every individual for their skills, talent and identity, ensuring everyone in our community is enabled to thrive
• We never give up and we are committed to finding the right path for everyone
• We want our students to leave us as successful, good people, with a healthy sense of well-being and self-confidence and to be proud of themselves and our school
If you are interested in the post and would like to find out more about our school before applying, please email our Finance Manager, Julie Smallwood at email@example.com.
Please find attached the person specification, job description, a letter from our Headteacher and our staff well-being charter, in addition to the application form and recruitment monitoring form. Completed applications should be emailed to Becky Friend, Headteacher's PA at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that CVs are not acceptable).
Please note that a Microsoft Teams online or virtual recruitment process may be followed in part if necessary, and in this case three references would be required prior to interview.
Closing date: Friday 7th January 2022 8am
Proposed interview date: Thursday 13th January 2022
Langley School staff, governors and students are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students and staff. Please note that Disclosure & Barring Service clearance at the appropriate level will be required for this post.
Kineton Green Road, Solihull, B92 7ER
Tel: 0121 706 9771
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.