Job title: Qualified Social Workers
Specialism: Adults Social Care
Salary: Grade 9 - £32,234 - £36,922 per annum
Location: North Staffordshire – one post
Contract type: 37 Hours per week - 12-month fixed term contract – flexible working
Location: South Staffordshire – one post
Contract type: 37 hours per week – permanent – flexible working.
In Staffordshire we want residents to live their lives to their full potential and this includes people who are living with a disability. We want people with disabilities to be independent and equal in society and have choice and control in their own lives. We want people to have dignity and self-respect, and for those with more complex needs to have the support they need to maintain this.
We now have two great opportunities to join the county’s high performing and citizen-focused Adult Learning Disability Team (ALDT) as part of the Health and Care Directorate at Staffordshire County Council.
Our Social Workers support the Adult Social Care Service to deliver the statutory care and support offer that the council provides to adults with learning disabilities, to achieve their personal outcomes and goals in life. In this role you’ll be an integral part of the ‘Assessment and Care Management’ teams in the county. These teams support adults and young people with a learning disability and autism who require support from adult social care.
What you’ll bring
You’ll be passionate about the work you do in Adult Social Care and you’ll be committed to supporting those Adults who need us across the county.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with experience in Adult Social Care
- Have a proven track record of a person centred and asset focused outlook and have high professional standards
- Have sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Have an applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries
- Experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
You’ll also be able to communicate in a clear, jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm, and professional manner.
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. You’ll receive professional supervision and be working in a team of high performing, motivated, dedicated, and friendly colleagues.
We’ve created a supportive working environment here at Staffordshire County Council because we recognise the benefits of enabling our employees to achieve their full potential whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance. We’ve achieved this by offering more flexible working practices and supplying the tools and equipment to enable more smart and agile working.
And here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 17th December 2021
Interview Date: Following application we’ll contact you to arrange asap
For more information about the role, an informal discussion or should you have any requirements to assist you in applying for this role please contact.
Louisa Treherne, Operations Manager North, on 07815 826 848
Becky Whiteman, Operations Manager South, on 07815 827 873
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here