Placements Support Officer
Job Title: Placements Support Officer
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: £21,748 - £25,481 per annum
We are committed to help improve individual outcomes for Children in Care and Young People.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Placements team for Children's Safeguarding & Family Support for a Placement Support Officer.
As a Placements Officer you will contribute to achieving improved outcomes for Children in Care by coordinating and identifying quality placements, that are matched, cost effective and that will meet their assessed needs to ensure the child or young person is supported to the highest level.
You will work closely with staff throughout the safeguarding & family support service, providing advice and guidance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and confident individual to join our fast paced team. You must be able to prioritise work, meet deadlines under pressure and deliver on your commitments. You will work well with other people, have excellent attention to detail and be committed to achieving the highest standards of quality and service and manage contractual issues and financial disputes.
You will need the ability to influence and negotiate effectively in order to drive and manage change and deliver service outcomes.
The work involves issues of a sensitive and confidential nature and applicants will need to display a clear understanding of the need for complete confidentiality at both application and interview stage.
In return we offer a comprehensive training programme covering all aspects of our service delivery. If you feel you would like to be part of this dynamic team then we would like to hear from you.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com