Head of SEND and Children with Disabilities
‘All different all equal’ is our mantra and we are looking for an passionate and experienced individual to make this a reality. This brand new post will be responsible for implementing our recently refreshed SEND Strategy and along with heading up our Children with Disabilities Team.
This is an exciting time to be joining Dudley. Through our ‘Child Friendly Dudley’ agenda we have the highest ambitions for our children and young people.
We have a well-established improvement programme; endorsed by the Department for Education and we are committed to ensuring that every child with special needs or disabilities achieves their full potential.
We have come a long way, significant action has been taken since our Joint local area SEND inspection in May 2019, and we have a clear plan of where we want to get to. Our governance structures are solid and there is a partnership wide commitment to achieving our vision.
As a partnership, we guarantee that we will:
- Do what we say
- Move with purpose and energy
- Treat people as we would like to be treated
- Be the best we can Together, we will ensure that every child achieves their potential and we will help them to achieve positive outcomes and improved lives.
We have clear principles and values and we will ensure that
- Our SEND children and young people are at the heart of all our improvements
- SEND improvements are a Dudley partnership-wide responsibility
- Co-production is the default start position for all initiatives
- We will have in place a skilled, motivated and effective SEND team at the council
- We have accurate and timely data on which to base effective decisions
- We will Increase the quality and effectiveness of our SEND support offer
- We will increase the number of our SEND children and young people within mainstream settings
- We embed the SEND improvements into the business as usual
- We will deliver a sustainable SEND service and system
Dudley borough is a great place to call home and with the launch of our community-led vision “Forging a Future for All” now is the time to join us and be part of this exciting journey.
With ambitious plans to create a thriving borough, where people want to live, work and visit, the vision is built on organisations across the borough working together.
Interviews for this position will be held on Thursday 6th January 2022
For enquiries in relation to this vacancy, please contact Helen Ellis on 01384 814200 or at Helen.email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/